Thursday, February 16, 2012

Enjoying a Warm Winter Day in Texas

If you live in Texas, you know that there are not four distinct seasons. In the winter, you can have both cold weather and warm weather in the same month, same week, and even the same day. This is sometimes a good thing. We were having a warmer day this winter and decided to take advantage of it and go to the zoo. 

Seven and Rilian decided they wanted me to take their picture in the tree.
Seven's face was hidden in the first one, so I had to take another one.
This caterpillar statue is by the lions. EVERY TIME we get to it Seven insists on sitting on it and getting his picture taken.
I tried a couple of times, hoping all three boys would look at the camera at the same time. No luck...
Piper wanted to have her picture taken on the caterpillar all by herself.
In our family, it is "monkey see, monkey do". Of course, Rilian had to have his picture taken by himself, too.
And Finn...he takes such good pictures!
Then Seven...I'm not sure what it is about this caterpillar that he decides he ALWAYS wants his picture taken on it. It is probably that he has a memory of an elephant and NEVER forgets anything. Probably one time, that I have forgotten about, I told him to sit on it so I could take his picture. He hasn't forgotten and now has to do it every time! LOVE that kid!
My kids have become more interested in me taking their picture. Isn't that every parents dream? I know it probably won't last forever, so I indulge when I can. We came upon this rock and Piper wanted her picture taken on it. Finn and Rilian joined her.

No comments:

Post a Comment