Friday, June 1, 2012

Leaping Lizards

I took Rilian to another class at our zoo. This time he learned about lizards. Here the preschoolers have lizard tongues and are trying to touch the ants with them. They are pretending to be lizards. 

 After they were done "eating" ants, the preschoolers got to make a chameleon face. The face consisted of two eyes, a mouth, and a horn. Rilian insisted that the horn was a nose. And he chose not to color his chameleon. Perhaps, he wanted it to blend in with its environment...the white plate.
Miss Joy (the teacher) walked around to each of the children and let them touch the lizard, if they wanted to. I tried to take a picture of Rilian touching the lizard, but he was sitting on my lap and didn't want me to get up, so this is as good as it gets. 
When we were finished with our class, we went and looked at the lizards in the zoo. Rilian stopped to see the flamingos on the way. He looked at them for quite some time.
We saw the lizards and then went to look at the rest of the animals in the zoo. If you have ever walked any amount of distance with Rilian, whether short or long, you have most likely seen his hop/walk. That kid is so cute. He bounces right along more than he walks. I realized I had never recorded it, so I took this opportunity to do so. I want to have it on video so he can see it when he gets older. Take a look at his cuteness...
Of course, Rilian had to have his picture taken on the ladybug...
 Once we were done looking at all the animals, Rilian stopped to watch the flamingos again. We stood there for a very long time watching them.
Stay tuned for more classes to come. They don't do the preschool classes in the summer, but will resume in the fall. I hope to be able to take Rilian to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment