Tuesday, April 16, 2013

2 Teeth

One weekend, Piper complained that her tooth hurt and it was loose. Of course it was the weekend and the dentist was closed. I even called, hoping there was an on-call dentist. No such luck. Piper continued to ask me to call the dentist throughout the whole weekend. Each time I told her that the dentist was closed and I would call first thing Monday morning. She even asked for me to take her to the ER. I told her that the ER probably couldn't help her and that she really needed to see a dentist. Poor girl! Don't worry I helped ease her pain as much as I could with Tylenol and ibuprofen. She also told me several times over the weekend that when she goes to the dentist on Monday, she wants to be knocked out. I think she was worried that whatever they were going to do to her on Monday would hurt. She has had a baby root canal before and I think she was remembering that.

Piper went to then dentist Monday. They weren't able to knock her out because of our insurance, but they were able to give her some gas to ease her pain while they pulled two teeth!
The adult teeth (that she isn't supposed to get til she is 12 or 13...she will be 9 in May) were coming in under her baby teeth and causing the problem. So, the dentist pulled the baby teeth.
It's a good thing Piper had Jeremy's strong hand to squeeze! She was very brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment