Saturday, February 8, 2014

Turkey Trot

I participated in my second 5K on Thanksgiving day. The first one was in December 2012, about a year before this Turkey Trot. 
My friend, Angela, asked me if I would run the Turkey Trot with her. I thought, "sure, why not?" I wasn't as prepared as I should have been. I had slowly been training and then it got cold and I stopped. I know, excuses...excuses...

I will admit, I had to walk about .10 of a mile. Angela was a great sport and walked with me. I told her she didn't have to, but she was awesome and stuck by my side! Here we are nearing the finish line. I felt like I was about to pass out, so this isn't the most flattering picture of me...
My time and Angela's time....we were in different age brackets. I also need to add that Angela had a baby a few months before this. She did awesome!
You can click on this picture and you will be able to see it better. I will translate the stats... I finished 38th in my age group. (I was faster than half my age group.) My time was 34 minutes, 11.9 seconds. This averaged out to 11 minutes, 39 seconds per mile. Angela came in a few seconds before me at 34 minutes, 6.8 seconds. Averaging out to 11 minutes, 38 seconds per mile. 

I will try to beat this time at my next 5K. I don't have one planned right now, but I know I will run another one. Thanks Angela for asking me to run with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment