Monday, December 26, 2011

Book Review: Heaven is for Real, for kids

I had heard good reviews about the book, Heaven is for Real. When I saw that I could receive a copy of Heaven is for Real, for kids, I was excited to receive it and read it to give it a review. 


Heaven is for Real, for kids, as told by Colton Burpo to his parents, Todd & Sonja Burpo, is a good book to read to your kids to help them understand what it is like in heaven. This book is written in a way that is easy for kids to understand. It is beautifully illustrated with vivid and colorful pictures of what Colton saw when he was in heaven. Heaven is for Real, for kids would be a good book to read to your children when they become more curious as to what it will be like in heaven. There are also scriptures to go along with what Colton describes that he saw when he was in heaven.


At the end of the book, there are questions that your children may have after reading Heaven is for Real, for kids. If you don't know the answers to the questions you children may have, these questions would be a good place to start.


Perhaps you have a loved-one, or a close friend who may be nearing death. This would be a good book to read to your children to help them understand what it will be like for their loved-one or close friend when they die. I think it would help to ease any fears your child had about their loved-one or close friend dying.


I have not read the other version of the book, Heaven is for Real (the one written on an adult level). But after reading Heaven is for Real, for kids, I am excited to read it!


Disclaimer: I received this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers to review. I was not required to give any positive feedback. All the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment