Friday, December 9, 2011

Finally Getting Pierced Ears!

Piper has been asking for about four years now if she could get her ears pierced. When she first started asking, her youngest brother was crawling about and he put EVERYTHING in his mouth. I didn't want to risk him finding one of her earrings on the floor and putting it in his mouth. When she started asking again, she had another baby brother to deal with, that would have also put her earrings in her mouth if he found them on the floor. Well, now Piper's youngest brother will be three years old in February. I am not so worried about him putting things in his mouth and swallowing them. Could it still happen? Yes, but I would worry less about it being a three-year-old swallowing it than a crawling baby swallowing it.

A few weeks ago, we decided to let Piper get her ears pierced. I think this was one of the happiest days of her life! We went to Claire's. They gave her a black teddy bear named, Clairie, to squeeze while she was getting her ears pierced. Look how tight she is squeezing the bear!
I tried to get a close-up to show you what cute earrings she picked out, but I guess I didn't get close enough for a clear view. If you want a better picture, you can go here, and look at the Blue Zircon Crystal Daisy. That is the one she chose. She had to get a pair that she really liked, since she will not be able to change them for six weeks.
Now, for those of you who are not faint at heart, if you want to feel like you were there with us and watch Piper get her ears pierced, you can watch this video.
Claire's gave Piper this cute bag to carry her cleaning solution home in.
I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about letting Piper get her ears pierced. She is supposed to leave them in for six whole weeks and clean them three times a day. I was kind of worried she would take them out for some reason or other and then her ears would close. I have to brag on her and say that she still has them in her ears. We are about halfway through the six week healing period now. Only about three more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment