Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Every child needs a pumpkin to decorate in October for Halloween. Where can you find pumpkins? At the pumpkin patch, of course! We went to the pumpkin patch one Saturday and I was very pleased at how well my kids cooperated with me taking their pictures!


There were alot of good photo opportunities that day.


I love how photogenic Finn is! I didn't realize that Seven was in the background crawling around on the pumpkins until I posted this picture. Oh well! 
What's a day with our family without some silly pictures? Piper chose this pose. 
Piper chose to be off in the bushes for this one. I'm not sure what is going on with the boys...
I think the silly pictures bring out each of my children's personalities.
Rilian found a pumpkin to hold. I guess Finn decided he found a pumpkin to pose by too. 
Piper wanted me to take this picture of her. So I am sharing it with you. 
Seven is alot like Piper at times. He decided he needed to pose for his own picture, too. 
Rilian found another pumpkin to hold. 
Piper saw this wagon and wanted her picture taken while she sat on it. Most likely, if she is anything like me (which she is), she won't always want her picture taken as she gets older, so when she asked for me to take her picture, I did!
Seven saw Piper getting her picture taken again and he (again) decided he wanted his picture taken. Funny how he didn't smile. Interesting spot he chose.
After we were finished taking pictures and went on a hayride, it was time for the kids to pick out a small pumpkin to take home and decorate. Finn doesn't look too thrilled, but here is his pumpkin.
Piper decided she didn't want to pick out a pumpkin. So, she just posed for another picture. Love that girl!
Looks like Rilian saw how Finn showed me his pumpkin and did the same thing.
After carefully surveying all the pumpkins, Seven finally found THE one.
I turned around after taking the picture of Seven and saw this...
I took that to mean that Finn was done and we went home.

The kids decorated their pumpkins that night. Finn decorated both sides. This is one side.
And this is the other side of his pumpkin.
Piper proudly showing off the face she drew on her little pumpkin. Wait, didn't she say she didn't want a pumpkin when we were at the pumpkin patch? I decided to pick out one for her in case she changed her mind. Good thing I thought ahead :)
This is actually the pumpkin I picked out for Piper, but Rilian willingly traded with her when she didn't want this one and wanted the one he picked out. What a sweet little brother!
Last, but not least, Seven and his pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment