Friday, April 22, 2011

Pippi Longstocking

I receive emails from The Paramount letting me know what productions they have coming up in the near future. I got an email informing me that Pippi Longstocking was going to be performed by The Children's Performing Arts Series. That meant it was going to be a live production. My kids have watched Pippi Longstocking movies at my mom's house and I remember watching her on tv some when I was a kid. So, I briefly thought about taking Piper to see Pippi Longstocking at The Paramount. I kind of tossed the idea to the side, but then Piper brought home a free ticket from school, so I decided we had to go. Jeremy, Piper, Finn, Seven, and I all went to see Pippi Longstocking. It was very enjoyable. Anytime we get to go to The Paramount, is a good time. If you live in Abilene or visit Abilene, and you haven't been to The Paramount before, I recommend going sometime.

Before we went inside to find our seats, there was a pirate outside. Piper, Finn, and Seven got their picture taken with him. I think they were kind of leery of him and didn't want to get too close. I had to tell them to scoot closer so I could take a picture. I am disappointed that I accidentally cut half of Seven out of the picture, but it's ok, it's still a good picture. It looks like Seven is leaning on something, but he isn't. He just didn't want to get too close to the pirate. He also gave them each a piece of his treasure!
If you've never heard of or seen Pippi Longstocking or don't know anything about her, her dad is a pirate. So, this was her dad. It was a good story. You should check her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment