Saturday, July 2, 2011

Book Review: A Reluctant Queen, The Love Story of Esther

I am a book reviewer for Booksneeze/Thomas Nelson. They sent me "A Reluctant Queen, The Love Story of Esther", to review for free. If you like free books, check them out!


I saw this book and thought I would give it a try. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. To be honest, I'm sure I have read Esther in the Bible, but I could not really retell the story if you asked me. It was very interesting to hear the story of Esther through Joan Wolf.   


Joan Wolf wrote "A Reluctant Queen" it as a love story. She went into more detail about Esther and all she went through than the Bible did. All the characters of the story seemed to come alive. It was very easy to feel as if you were there with Esther. Joan did a beautiful job of describing what the characters were wearing and what the Palace looked like. She did an excellent job of describing what Esther must have felt while going from just a Jewish girl to becoming the queen and actually falling in love with the king.


"A Reluctant Queen", by Joan Wolf, was a book I had a hard time putting down. I didn't want to stop reading it. I would recommend this book to anyone who is or is not familiar with the story of Esther.

No comments:

Post a Comment