Thursday, July 28, 2011

Finn's 6th Birthday Party

My sweet Finn turned six years old on July 7, 2011. Six! He will be in 1st grade when school starts in August. 


When it drew closer to time to plan Finn's Birthday party, we asked him what kind of party he wanted. He said he wanted a pool party. Ok, that's easy. We have a pool in the backyard. Finn said he wanted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles plates for his party. I asked Finn what kind of plates he wanted if I couldn't find Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He replied, "Just pick something." That's one of the things I love about Finn. He is so easy going and easy to please. He cares more about others. Well, I wasn't able to find Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles plates in the little bit of time I had left to get them...I am a procrastinator. So, I got him the next best thing...Batman! 


Jeremy is the official cake maker in our family. And he does a VERY good job. I am VERY thankful he can do it and that he enjoys doing it. Jeremy asked Finn what kind of cake he wanted. Finn said, "A red alligator with a brown piece of candy for the nose, because I want to eat the nose." 
Jeremy is in the process of making a tree house for the kids. Finn's friends had fun playing in it.
Right now, we just have the floor down, but they didn't care. They still wanted to play on it.
Time for cake!
But first, we have to sing to the birthday boy!
Everyone enjoyed the cake...
Pool fun...

I had people at the party ask what is that pink thing on the ladder. It is Piper's inner tube deflated. For some reason, she decided it needed to be placed there.
I love how the water being splashed out looks! 
To give you an example of how sweet Finn is, this is his friend Jericho. Remember how Finn was specific about how Jeremy was to make his alligator cake? Well, Finn didn't end up eating the nose, that he specifically requested. Jericho wanted the nose, so Finn let him eat it. He is such a sweet kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment