Saturday, July 2, 2011

Angels

If you ever hear my kids talking about going to see the angels, they are referring to Jacob's Dream at Abilene Christian University. They love to "go see the angels". 
I think it is mostly because they love to climb on the rocks and hope that I let them play in the pool of water. I don't think they really care too much about seeing the actual sculpted angels.


At the beginning of summer, I was trying to think of things to keep my four children busy with. Piper and Finn are used to being in school. Seven and Rilian are used to being at home. Combine them all when school is out and they have to get used to being around each other so much. I decided to take them to see the angels. While they were climbing on the rocks and stairs, I thought it would be a great photo opportunity.

I am glad that they cooperated and let me take their pictures.
Seven climbed up to this spot and said, "Mama, take my picture." 
Rilian didn't quite make it up as high as Seven did. But he wanted me to take his picture. 
Rilian was being tempted to get in the very inviting looking pool of water. 
Finn climbed up and stood here so I could take his picture.
He is so photogenic!  
I thought I had taken some pictures of Piper as well, that day. But this is the only picture I found of her. This is the pool of water that they always hope I let them get in.
Sometimes I let them walk on the steps and ledge in the water. But they usually end up deeper than what I originally told them. So, this day, I only allowed them to sit with their feet in the water. Well, that just wasn't working...the water was so inviting...one thing led to another...and I decided we should go home before they were soaked!


I love my little angels! Looking at the pictures, why would you think they weren't angels?

No comments:

Post a Comment