Thursday, August 25, 2011

My 1st Grader and My 2nd Grader

Piper and Finn's first day of school was this past Monday. Finn is now in 1st grade and Piper is in 2nd grade. They were both glad to be going back to school to see all their friends again!

Finn is a gamer. He LOVES video games and computer games. So, this is the backpack he picked out for school. It is just perfect for him!
Finn's teacher this year, for 1st grade, is Mrs. Landers. We have a friend who comes and reads to Mrs. Landers' class each week. We are excited for Finn, and our friend. 
Piper posing for her first day of 2nd grade.
She was like Seven and didn't want to take off her backpack either. 
Piper was excited to find out that Mrs. Poorman is her 2nd grade teacher. I think she was a little disappointed when she found out her friend, Gustavo, isn't in her class this year. But her other buddy, Jazz (Jasreal), is in her class. Piper and Gustavo say they are going to date in high school, but they are just friends now. Then after college, they plan to get married. We shall see :)
I managed to hold it together this year. No tears streamed down my face. Not one single tear escaped my tear ducts. I didn't have to fight the tears too hard, just a little. Not even on Seven's first day of preschool. I'll admit I did have to fight the tears a little harder on Seven's first day of preschool, but I still managed to hold them in...I must be growing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment