Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Piper's Little Sister

Piper, my seven-year-old daughter, often tells me she wants a sister. She has three younger brothers. I often reply that God only gave her brothers. One day, one of her brothers must have done something to really make her mad that day. She kept on and on about how much she wanted a sister. So, I finally told her that I can't have anymore babies. She asked why I couldn't have anymore babies. I told her that I had a surgery that made my body not able to have anymore babies. I told her four babies is enough for me. I don't know how much she totally understood all that, but I answered her question. She mostly wishes she had a sister when she gets upset with her brothers. She has told me, at times, that her brothers are mean. I told Piper that sisters can be mean, too. 

On another occasion that Seven, Piper's four-year-old brother, happened to make Piper mad, she wrote a letter to her friend's mom. Piper wrote in the letter that she would trade Seven for her friend (who is a girl). And Seven would live with that family now. It might have been a nice thought to Piper, but Piper's friend's mom wasn't falling for it.

Now, I don't want you to think that Piper and her brothers never get along. Alot of the time, they play with each other really well and get along great. But everyone has their days.

In our house, we have some dress-up clothes. We have mostly dresses as dress-up clothes. This doesn't quite make sense since we only have one girl and THREE boys. I'm not sure what's going on with that. Anyway, the boys really don't mind playing dress-up with Piper in "her" dress-up clothes. It is quite comical to see my three boys (ages 6, 4, and 2 1/2) wearing a dress-up dress. 

The past week or so, Piper has really enjoyed dressing up Rilian, her 2 1/2 year old brother. And he just lets her! This is what she came up with the other day. He wouldn't look at the camera at first. Maybe he could read my mind that I was going to put it on my blog and he would be embarrassed about it when he got older...
I at least got him to look up some.
I apologize for the quality of the pictures. They were taken in a darker room and with my phone. But hey, I still got a picture. What would we do without today's awesome technology?


Perhaps, this is Piper's way of getting a "little sister". 


And if you were expecting my post to be about us expecting...well, like I said before, I have been fixed. I cannot have anymore babies. Unless God says we are having another baby, we are not. I should really be careful how many times I say that. I have said it several times. I sure wouldn't want God to get any ideas. He does have quite the sense of humor!





No comments:

Post a Comment