Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cinderella Ballet

This afternoon I took Piper to a Cinderella ballet. It was at the Paramount. For those of you who don't know, the Paramount is a historical theater in downtown Abilene. It is really cool on the inside. The ceiling has tiny lights that flicker, made to look like stars. They have a machine that makes shadows go across the ceiling to look like clouds. Pretty neat!

This was the first ballet I had ever been to. Piper's first, too. I really enjoyed it! I think I would enjoy going to another ballet. Piper said her favorite part was the stepsisters. You know why? They were men! Let me tell you....they made for some very ugly girls! She asked if they were boys. Pretty funny that a four-year-old could tell that they were not women. I think I would have to say they were my favorite part as well. The stepsisters didn't do very much ballet dancing, but they were very comical! There were a few men, such as the prince, and a few other men at the ball. They danced extremely graceful for men! I just don't know how I feel about men being able to dance that graceful. It was almost scary how graceful they were!

No comments:

Post a Comment