Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rilian and Fluffy

Arrrrrrggg!

Oh, that's not a pirate! It's Rilian, with Fluffy sitting on his shoulder. I'm not sure what it is, but lately, Rilian has developed more of an interest in Fluffy. 

When we first got Fluffy, I let Fluffy out of his cage during the day. But then one day, it took me WAY longer than I had time to spend to catch him and put him back in his cage. I don't leave him out when I leave the house. For one, I don't want him to fly out the door when we come home. And two, we have a fish tank and Fluffy has fallen in twice. If I hadn't been there to rescue him, he would have drowned. So, when Fluffy stopped willingly letting me put him back in his cage during the day, he lost his daytime freedom privileges. I started letting him out in the evening, after dinner. 

We recently moved. Fluffy's cage is now located in a different room. If you don't know anything about parakeets, they do not fly when it is dark. Well, the room that Fluffy's cage is in now, is a darker room. In the evening, around the time when I would normally let him out, that room is apparently too dark for him to want to come out of his cage. So, I have started letting him out during the day again. Perhaps, this is why Rilian has shown more interest in Fluffy. Since Fluffy is out during the day more, Rilian has more time to interact with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment