Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Birthday

My birthday was November 10. For those of you who didn't wish me a Happy Birthay, I'll forgive you this year, but now you know when it is, so mark it on your calendar for next year. This year, I had the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!! I have to give props to my WONDERFUL husband, Jeremy, for that!

It started out with the kids giving me my presents before they went to school. I got a fan for my laptop. I use my laptop alot and it gets really hot sitting on my lap. So, Jeremy bought me a fan that it can sit on. The fan is encased in something that kind of looks like a binder. This fan is very important because my computer had to get the hard drive replaced not too long ago and I think it was because my computer had gotten so hot. I also got chocolate covered pretzels (my favorite!) and a starbucks gift card (another favorite). I also got a Barlow Girl cd. It is their new one, love and war.

Then the rest of my WONDERFUL day started. When Jeremy came home from taking the kids to school, he brought me a cafe vanilla frappachino from Starbucks. YUUUUMMMYYY! Then I got to to get a pedicure. My very first pedicure. I am not much of a girly girl, but every once in a while I like to pretend I am. I never really had an interest or desire to get a pedicure until about a month or so ago. So, when Jeremy asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him I wanted to go get a pedicure. I took my Starbucks cafe vanilla frappachino and Barlow Girls cd and drove to get my very first pedicure. If you have never had one, I will walk you through my experience. If you have had one, you can read about my experience anyway and wish it was you instead of me.

I walked in the door and the first thing I did was pick out the color I wanted. Then I sat down in the chair and the lady started to work on my feet. My feet soaked in warm water while I picked out what kind of design I wanted painted on my toenails. There were about 50 designs for me to choose from. I had narrowed it down to three. Then after much thought, finally came up with the one I chose. You will see a picture in a little while. The lady scrubbed on my feet and got alot of the dead skin off. I wear flip flops all the time, so you can imagine what my feet look like. I will not go in to detail, I will just let you use your imagination. I decided since I had never had a pedicure before, I would get what they called a deluxe pedicure. After the nice lady had finished scrubbing my feet and cutting my toenails, she wrapped hot towels around them. My feet got to enjoy this while she massaged and put oil and lotion on my lower legs. Let me tell you, it was very nice! After my feet were done in the hot towels, my toenails got painted. Here is what the finished product looked like.Yes, that is a small diamond in the center of the flower. I went all out!


After my pedicure, I came home. I only had a few minutes before I got to go to lunch. My two favorite restaurants in town are Fuji's Japanese Steakhouse and Olive Garden. My mom told me she and my grandma were going to take me out for lunch on my birthday and I got to pick where I wanted to go to eat. I had a hard time deciding. In my mind, I had two places to pick from. So, for lunch I got to eat at Fuji's Japanese Steakhouse. Sounds like a pretty good day, huh? Well, it's not over yet. It is only beginning. Remember, I said it was the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!

After lunch, my wonderful husband had arranged for me to have a one hour massage. Sounds nice, huh? Let me tell you, it was WONDERFUL! One hour, relaxing, getting a massage, peace and quiet...ahhhhh! But wait, folks, that's not the end of my day...

Not only did I get presents, a pedicure, lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, and a one hour massage, I also got to go to dinner with my husband. Where did we go you might ask? The Olive Garden. Go me! I got to eat at BOTH of my favorite restaurants for my birthday. I did not have to choose between the two. WOO HOO! After dinner we went to watch a movie. Since it was my birthday, I got to choose the movie. I chose to see All About Steve. It has Sandra Bullock in it.

I enjoyed the movie. I thought it was funny. It is about a single woman (Sandra Bullock) who writes crossword puzzles for the newspaper and lives at home with her parents. Her mom sets her up on a blind date with a man named Steve. Sandra Bullocks' character loves Steve so much she becomes obsessed (in a comical way) with him. I will stop there, so as not to ruin anything in the movie for you in case you choose to watch it for yourself.

The day was all about me! It was so nice to be pampered for an entire day! It will take alot to top this year's birthday next year, Jeremy. But you have an entire year to work on it. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. That is a GREATTTTT birthday! Happy Belated Birthday, btw! :) I've got it marked on my calendar now. :) Pedis are awesome! I bet you are hooked now! I AM jealous you got one! oooo, and a massage! Girl, that's heaven!!! :)

    You have a great husband and a great family! I love reading your blogs! ;)

    ReplyDelete