Friday, March 14, 2014

The Training Wheels Came Off

Confession time...I am a slacker mom! I mean, look at my blog. It is constantly behind! Usually by a month OR TWO! Piper is 9 years old now and Finn is 8 years old. I was starting to feel really bad that they didn't know how to ride without training wheels on their bikes yet. I worked with them and Seven a couple of summers ago in the back yard some trying to get them to be able to ride without training wheels. Why the back yard? Because it had grass, which is much better than a cement street! At least I can't be blamed for that...then the temperatures got cold and we got busy.  

So, my goal for this summer was to have them be able to ride without training wheels...well, I jumped ahead of myself by a few months, and in January we had some nice weather and Piper and Finn and Seven learned how to ride their bikes without training wheels. I was almost shocked when we went out into the yard and Piper and Finn just took off! Check out Finn...
And Piper...
Please excuse the lady walking through our yard and the man crouched down by the tree, they were there to remove our Christmas lights (remember, this happened in January) and I didn't realize they were in the videos until I posted them just now. 

Seven was able to ride without training wheels in the yard, but he just wasn't that into it that day, so I didn't get a video of him. He's not that comfortable yet without training wheels, but he is only 6 years old, so I don't feel so bad about that. I can say that Piper and Finn have successfully ridden their bikes on the street and not crashed or gotten skinned up. They are doing really good!

I guess now, I can take off the label of slacker mom. Or as least I can say that I'm not that much of a slacker mom anymore since my 9 and 8 year old can ride their bikes without training wheels. Maybe it is kind of a good thing that I did procrastinate about it, because it was a breeze to teach them this go 'round!

No comments:

Post a Comment